THE GOVERNMENT OF KENYA has introduced a new visa application procedure, which is in effect as of July 1st 2015. Prior to visiting Kenya, travelers must fill out an online eVisa application via the eCitizen portal. After receiving the eVisa, travelers must download and present a hard copy of the eVisa upon arrival in Kenya.
There is a two-month grace period through the months of July and August, when visas may still be applied for on arrival. For travelers set to visit Kenya September 1st 2015 and onwards, an eVisa must be applied for and approved prior to the traveler’s departure. Approval after application and payment takes an estimated seven to ten days.
- Prepare in advance: a digital passport photograph, a scanned copy of the information page of traveler’s passport, digital copy of itinerary or letter of invitation
- Register on eCitizen’s website… www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Upload digital passport photograph
- Select… Department of Immigration Services > Submit Application > Kenyan Visa > ‘Apply for a Single Entry Visa’ or ‘Transit Visa’
- Carefully read the entry requirements and select… ‘Apply Now’
- Follow application directions and input traveler information
- Pay processing fee
- eVisa is processed and sent online to applicant
- Log in to eCitizen account, download and print approved eVisa
- Present hard copy of eVisa and passport at point of entry
Please note, eVisas are now $52.28 USD, inclusive of a $1 service charge and $1.28 card handling fee. The application process for the East Africa Tourist Visa remains as is.
For more information, visit… immigration.ecitizen.go.ke
Good Earth Tours
…the Perfect African Adventure with YOU in Mind!